Bathstore.com Problems Anyone .

On 26/10 I ordered and paid for a bath and 2 panels from a local branch of bathstore.com ..............delivery was to be on 30/10. A day or maybe two beforehand the branch telephoned to say that the panels might or might not be arriving with the bath .Anticipated delay was to be 2 weeks .

The bath arrived on it's own .

This morning I phoned the branch to be told that the expected date was now the

22/11 ..this is getting perilously close to a month after the bath arrived . I was not happy . They couldn't explain why the stock of panels should differ from the stock of baths that they fit .

I am reluctant to fit/get fitted the bath without having the panels . They did offer a full refund but that's not what I want .

Has anyone else had problems with this company ?.Contact details by e-mail take you to an e-mail for the branch although I suppose I could guess one at snipped-for-privacy@bathstore.com...but they are part of the Wolseley Company .

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

I had to send them numerous emails to the shop manager and phone calls to replace a bath panel which arrived damaged. It took over 2 weeks to sort out. Every time I called they said they'd find out about the panel but never got back to me. I ended up calling the dispatch place myself to sort out delivery. Because of problems with other bathroom components, I'd never deal with them again. WM

Reply to
wattie

Well I sent an e-mail to Wolseley.co.uk which has found it's way to the local branch who have just phoned me and explained that there is an issue with the company not ordering enough panels to keep up with the amount of baths ordered but that they cannot get them to me any earlier than the 22 Nov ..which I have to accept .

We eventually agreed that they would refund me £25 in view of the trouble I have been put to .When I suggested this refund I was asked how much I thought and said £25 and this was immediately accepted without any quibble which suggests that had I asked for more I might well have got it.

Reply to
Stuart

Oh yes. Took me about 3 months of blethering to finally get everything I had ordered.

Bits arrived totally piecemeal, and some bits were wrong and needed changing - this is worse, as Bathstore give the 'but the computer says everythings delivered' bullshit.

Quality was pretty poor as well.

Won't use em again.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I can't say about the panels as I haven't got them obviously but the bath seems good quality and the supports are very much sturdier than on my current bath.

They are made of very much heavier metal and the bolts are also heavier and the feet are made of stronger plastic . The bath itself is thicker than my present Wickes one .

The one difference I noted was that on the Wickes one there was wood all the way round the lip but on the new one there are just blocks set in at each corner to take the panel clips and the brackets to fix it to the walls .

Reply to
Stuart

Well done! Wish I'd thought of that. Might have just about covered the cost of the calls. I did get to keep the damaged panel though 'cos the driver hadn't been told to pick it up!! It's in my garage now stopping the wife from banging the car door on the wall!! WM

Reply to
wattie