Basic floorplan software needed

I'm hoping to sell my house not using an estate agent so I need to draw a floorplan.

Anyone come across any free online resources for helping to do this?

All the ones I've tried so far haven't impressed me - of course I might just end up doing it by hand but it'd look neater if printed out.

Reply to
Murmansk

I few years back I downloaded on a month free trial on one although cant remember the name now (try google) More recently I have done some using photoshop again I think there are free equivelents which would be just as good.

Reply to
ss

google sketch up

Reply to
MrCheerful

yes, would be pretty straight-forward with that, if you've got measurements.

Reply to
Andy Burns

I though sketchup was designed to do 3D stuff and I only want 2D?

Reply to
Murmansk

If you draw reactangles and lines in sketchup they stay flat, the offsetting tool is usually handy for doing thick walls, but you might not need that. anyway you don't have to extrude them into 3D.

Reply to
Andy Burns

It even had a mode for projecting 3D stuff into a 2D plan as well.

Reply to
John Rumm

yesterday on 'Giveaway of the Day' was floor plan software ver 3.3

Might still be available somewhere

If not you can get Lucid Draw for free .... no download all online ( bit like cut down Visio)

If you want 3D then SketchUp is free.

Reply to
rick

The basic version of roomsketcher is free

If you don't mind paying a bit, Metropix which is used by estate agents is £8 for one plan, extra £4 for 3D and £3.20 for a map, all pl us VAT.

Or your local charity shop probably has a version of Home Designer or simil ar software for Windows 95 at 99p

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

draw.io is a chrome plugin that works with Google drive - but it is not "floorplan" software.

Estate agents use software customised for the job (super easy to use).

Another option is:

(no connection etc - just found on a google search).

Reply to
Tim Watts

To be honest, paying a few quid to use similar software to the agent will yield an easier and neater job.

I've used agent type software in demo mode and it is terrible simple, because it does not try to be CAD. It just lets you stretch walls around to exact measurements and shove door and window symbols in.

It's simple because Estate Agents are generally fairly thick when it comes to tech.

Reply to
Tim Watts

last 5 words were unnecessary.

Reply to
JoeJoe

I used to be one :-)

Does the software come with an Even Simpler Mode for energy assessors?

I used to be one of those as well. Now some of those are thick. One of them couldn't programme a Horstmann Diadem.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Thanks for all those suggestions - in the end I happened to find Metropix, used it to good effect and was happy enough to pay the tenner it cost for one plan

Reply to
Murmansk