Moving a ceiling light

I want to move the ceiling fitting from the red cross to the blue cross in the first floor, all wiring in the attic space, however where the junction box will be gives only approx 50 cms head room which I have a problem working in. So looking to do as much as I can from the bedroom ceiling Firstly can I pull down the wiring and join wiring using a juction box of some kind. Secondly if this is compliant my thoughts are to feed the extended wiring plus the junction box back into the attic from the bedroom take along the rafters and then feed down to the new location.

[IMG]
ss

Yup that sounds fine...

Reply to
John Rumm

As long as its an enclosed junction box I'd see no issues as obviously it needs to be safe for the next occupant of that house.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Thanks guys for replies I do like to play safe with electrics.

Reply to
ss