Are these doors hollow

Would anyone know if the outer frame in this door is solid, I am assuming they are the cheapest door of this type around £17 I need to attach a small runner for a door closer near the top of the door. If they are hollow what is the best type of plug to use, it wont be load bearing just a guide for the `door closer`

ss

confirm it. While your tapping the body of the door, tapping up towards the top and listen to the change in sound and that will tell you where to fix.

Also, have a look a the top or bottom of the door, and you should be able to see the end-grain of the stiles - an even mor accurate idea.

If the runner has to fit below the frame, try sticking the guide on with an impact adhesive rather than using screws.

Cash

Reply to
Cash

Thanks Cash I have some evo stik, never thought of that. Good shout.

Reply to
ss

I hope it's the old fashioned type - the modern incarnation is useless.

Rob

Reply to
robgraham

Yes I have had the tin for years and it never seems to go off, cant even remember what I originally bought it for but has done many a job for me. Its a tin with a paintbrush type attachment on the screw top.

Reply to
ss