Want to move garden shed

Pic below.

I have a garden shed approx 10 x 5.6 feet in size. In one corner the floor needs a couple of planks replaced. I suspect the sub frame has got some wood rot. One side is too near the wall for access.

My dilemma, Just recently moved into this house and the ideal would be to dismantle the shed, sort it out, and rebuild. However I have so many other jobs both internal and external It is likely to be next year before I have the time.

As a short term fix would it be possible to use the 3 corners I have access to and construct some sort of wheel (bolted on to the uprights) and move it out a couple of feet. This would give me access and I could then possibly jack it up bit by bit and get access to sort any issues.

Any ideas on this, including if you think its pie in the sky and not possible (the shed would be empty) I suppose like most things it is possible and the real question should be is it practical.

Link to picture...

SS

could you get long planks, say 2 number, under part of it then using a level prise it along on them?

Reply to
Stewart

uprights) and

Looking at your picture I'd say it was relatively easy to move that shed out into the open as it is on flagstones. Put a long lever under the exposed short side, raise that end of the shed a few inches and slide a scaffold pole under. If you can get it as far as the pivot point then that may be all you need to roll / slide it out to sort it. Last shed I had to move, which was similarly cornered in, was on a soft sand chicken run: I similarly prised it up with levers at one end but had to use 6" diameter fencing poles as rollers due to the soft sand. It was moved however and is now in it's new location.

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Lever up the long side a few inches; slip a scaffolding pole under the raised edge to act as a roller, lengthways; bit of rope around behind the hedge-side and fairly low down. Have the rope long enough so that both ends come together several feet out from the accessible side of the shed. One or several blokes pulling evenly on the rope should get it out far enough for access.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Thanks for the advice guys

Reply to