shed in communal garden

Who can own a shed in a communal garden

Reply to
stella.stellajo02

In brief, anyone if it is not a "fixture" - a technical term that earns lawyers lots of money but, v. broadly, it ain't a fixture if it could be moved without digging up foundations or the like.

I suspect we need a lot more background.

Reply to
Robin

It probably doesn't matter since it will be burned, burgled or vandalised.

Reply to
Huge

A Commune perhaps :)

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

anyone, but do they have permission to obstruct part of the communal area by placing it there?

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Strictly speaking do not all those who share the garden have right of access to the shed?

Reply to
stella.stellajo02

You might do better to ask again in uk.legal.moderated - I cannot cross-post there.

I say that because:

a. right of access to (I assume you mean to enter the shed, not just admire its exterior) is not the same as ownership of.

b. it all depends on, umm, who has what rights: AFAIK the precise arrangements for "communal gardens" vary even among London's traditional squares; and

c. I think you'd do better to tell us what this is about - for example: who wants to (or has) put a shed? in what communal garden? where ('cos Scotland is different)? who owns the garden? who else has what rights to use it?

Reply to
Robin

All your shed are belong to us.

Reply to
Clive Arthur

There are probably (almost) as many answers as there are communal gardens- ie the rules will vary depending on who wrote / agreed them, the nature of the communal garden (shared between 2 tenants in a pair of flats or a much larger garden shared by many families in a block for example).

Reply to
Brian Reay

Wot about UK sheds.

G.Harman