Garden Shed

Hi Im getting a new shed in the next couple of days ('

10'x8') and Im needing it to store / work on computers whats the best way to insulate it Thanks
Reply to
Gus Noon

Only done this once, so no expert but I used this

and clad the inside with 6mm ply. Seemed to work a treat.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Weeellll....

I did this some time ago. It was a "how can I do it" thing and went something like...

Stick fibreglass insulation (as used in loft spaces) into the recesses. ie right against the shiplap timbers. Cut hardboard panels to cover the f/glass and held them in place by nailing quadrant strips around the edges. I did the roof as well and that was the trickiest - need a helper to hold the panels up while fixing.

There's probably someone along in a mo telling how to do it better and why not to do it this way (cynical or what), But anyway that's how I did it - and oh, the "some time ago" was 16 years. It's still there and needs very little in the way of heating in winter. Summer - I have to leave the door open:-)

I just used large concrete slabs as the base and put the shed on them. They were 10st each and I'm just about over it now! Make sure the base parts of the shed and bottom couple of panels are well/pressure treated timbers as rain splashes bounce quite high I found.

Hope that's a help anyway.

Reply to
dave

Best would be PIR foam panels like celotex, ecotherm, kingspan etc. Cheaper would be 50mm jablite. Use a ply skin inside either of those.

Reply to
John Rumm

Reply to
Gus Noon