Meter, meter, on the wall, or not?

I walked past this house yesterday, and took the photo just after they'd finished demolishing their garage to make way for an extension.

Andrew Gabriel

On 14 Aug 2007 19:29:10 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@cucumber.demon.co.uk (Andrew Gabriel) mused:

odd meter\consumer unit combo swinging in the breeze loosely wrapped in a bin bag which helps to submerge the equipment in collected water rather than keep the units dry.

Reply to
Lurch

<

djc

Actually I've seen installations like that in several cities in Eastern Europe. Typical thing in a house with front garden is that the gas main comes up out of the ground at the front wall and the meter is fitted there. Then the pipe to the house is run across in mid air,

1-2m above the ground, unsupported, to the house which could be 5-10 back.
Reply to
Andy Hall

Pure class I love it. I bet a pikey spotted it before you and the pipework will be gone in the morning.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

You forgot to say "I'm not a racist but".

Reply to
paranoid bob

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember paranoid bob saying something like:

Arse. There's nothing racist about slagging off thieving pikey scum.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

You forgot to say it too.

Reply to