Another Darwin award candidate?

"The Subways of Tazoo", by Colin Kapp, in "The Unorthodox Engineers". Not so much windmilla, as 'harps', where the stretched 'strings' were driven by wind.

It's a short collection of five stories, all very entertaining.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Some bastard joint venture by Carmac and Vestas?

Reply to
Andy Burns

approx 3' 06

Reply to
Bill

He had probably been reading somewhere that he need not worry about electricity since he is more likely to die of cancer... ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Which is obvious bollocks. As if it were true then matey and his mother would have been weeded out of the gene pool, thousands, if not millions of years ago.

Which is maybe just as well. As otherwise there'd be nobody around who was willing to do the truly unpleasant jobs - cleaning out sewers or septic tanks, working in slaughterhouses or mortuaries etc which the supposedly more gifted among us, clearly feel are beneath them.

michael adams

michael adams

Maybe he should have learnt to read the signs by that age? If they can't then they need supervision by their parents.

Reply to
dennis

Its common for 16 yr olds to think they're somehow immune from life's conse quences. How they're brought up really doesn't help imho. But that's really taking it to extremes, and shows a basic mental deficiency. People like th at should be in a care home, not allowed out on their own. Too sad.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Good to see the milk of human kindness still flows on uk.d-i-y

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

No they shouldn't, then we wouldn't have an effective method of cleaning= the gene pool.

-- =

I came real close to seeing Elvis, then my shovel broke.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

Haven't you noticed the start at function?

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

The problem is health and softy, which no doubt protected his mother at some point.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

It's not like he was pushed.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

He might have done, he might have just saved himself going through the turmoils of cancer.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

No, if they can't then nevermind.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

Well he is now.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

Pedant.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

It was a question rather than an assumption. And yes, he may already have procreated. Not too many times, one hopes.

Reply to
Roger Mills

But has a 'stupid fat mother'

He deserves to die for that alone.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

On 13/07/2015 10:03, Bob Eager wrote: ...

I liked the Unorthodox Engineers stories, but I tended to get the feeling that the author had first come up with a clever solution, then created a problem that it could solve.

Reply to
Nightjar

Why? It's usually the mother that creates the child, not the other way around.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265