Another anti-diy law

It fumes when you use it and costs about £5.50 a bottle in the local ironmongers.

Reply to
Nightjar

Toilet cleaner?

Reply to
harry

Whilst I have had to do that along the way, I've mostly been in IT Support? ;-)

Cheers. T i m

Reply to
T i m

Fair point. I did not think this through. What I said was far too wide. Thanks for clarifying.

Reply to
Scott

We are capable of being just as stupid without EU assistance.

The 'carrying a concealed weapon' being used to prosecute some boy scouts out camping in the middle of knowhere because one of themn had an oversized penknife in his pocket

Techiunically driving around with a van full of tools is probably an offence, if you are not a tradesman

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I wanna f*ck my ex up. Thats a good reason so can I go now ossifer?

:-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

alt

Ebay's cheaper.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Does this mean that under 18s can no longer buy oven cleaner?

Although they can get married and join the armed forces, of course, if over 16.

Cheers

Dave R

P.S. I know that oven cleaners are mainly alkali but they are still extremely corrosive and very effective at stripping paint off cars (allegedly). Which brings us to Nitromors, of course.

Reply to
David

No, its fine to borrow the van from the tradesman legally.

Reply to
Jack Konstan

For several reasons, I don't use Ebay.

Reply to
Nightjar

I got frisked when going to see Genesis at Earls Court one day only to get pulled to one side because I had a craft knife in my jacket pocket. They confiscated that but didn't seem bothered about the superglue, the 5 min epoxy, the other various small tools, a roll of insulation tape and the glow plugs I was also carrying (in my only 'coat' that was also worn when RC modeling etc). ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

;-)

And / or to have 'tools' in say the boot, not easily accessible in the front [1], you have a good reason ('going equipped'?) and you or your car don't have a marker?

Cheers, T i m

[1] I have a Thule 'Areo' rack for the car and because I generally keep it in the car and take it on and off depending on what is going on (off if going on a long motorway trip or though the car wash, off if running stuff about locally etc), I bought a nice screwdriver handled ball ended hex driver to make the job quicker and easier (than the supplied std Allen key). I thought the other day if it could be considered 'a point' if any Plod wanted to be funny as I keep it in a gully just by the drivers seat?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

It isn't all that dilute - about a dilution of 1+1 from the concentrated form. Probably about as strong as makes sense to sell to the public.

Also not too bad for 3L of the stuff.

It probably smells faintly of HCl too despite the high solubility of the gas in water. It is the most forgiving of the strong mineral acids and is useful for removing limescale. You don't want to breathe the fumes.

Concentrated sulphuric acid should be a lot more tightly controlled than it is at present. Nitric above 3% already is on a license required EPP list (which seems way OTT to me).

It is incredibly badly thought out and will likely get worse.

Reply to
Martin Brown

But surely only the EU made bad laws? Hence wanting to regain sovereignty. To stop such things.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

People will just have to DIY and make Lye from the ashes of the woodburner , be really eco and use rainwater from the garden butt which will be the easiest way to get soft water for many. Fortunately the sort of gansta youths who are responsible for the rise in attacks by corrosive substances aren't likely to be living in a home with either.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

Amazon seems to have opened a French hub and if you order is sourced from there the quoted delivery dates appear to be extended by a couple of weeks. A 3 to 5 day delivery becomes a 14+ day delivery.

I'm falling out of favour with Amazon because of their delivery times. They offer next day delivery if you sign up to Prime at near £100 annum or they offer free delivery (free as in the item plus delivery costs no more than other suppliers). With the free delivery they seem to deliberately hold the item in the warehouse for a week, you then get an email that the item has been dispatched and you receive it the next day (unless it comes from France).

Reply to
alan_m

They fell out of favour with me when then jacked up the cost of Prime.

I am amazed how much money I have saved by going elsewhere, too. Delivery times are a bit worse, some of the time - but rarely worse than non-Prime Amazon.

Reply to
Bob Eager

I shan't be renewing. [Makes note to make sure there's no "auto-renew" option.]

I only joined by mistake (Irritation #1) but thought, "Oh, well, I'll give it a go". But stuff's cheaper from non-Prime sellers (Irritation #2), doesn't arrive noticeably slower (Irritation #3) and Irritation #4 and show-stopper; lots of stuff I want to watch on Amazon Video is *extra*. Well, f*ck that noise.

Reply to
Huge

There is usually a standard delivery in a few days at a reasonable cost.

But frankly if it takesd two weeks for another set of underpants, I can handle it.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Then how would our olympic teams practice ?

A friend of mine learnt how to hold and fire a gun when she was 15 at a rifle club.

Reply to
whisky-dave