Amazon gift wrapping

Why do Amazon offer gift wrapping, then include a packing note that says what the gift is?

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Probably you have to select one of the many options. E.g. "Item arrives in packaging that reveals what's inside. To hide it, choose Ship in Amazon packaging at checkout."

Reply to
Max Demian

It arrived gift wrapped in Amazon packaging.

With a packing note ;-(

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Well if you are actually going to hand them out yourself, it is kind of handy to know which is which. Similarly if you were sending a bunch of stuff to a child, for the grandchildren.

Reply to
newshound

True, but the item already had a computer-generated gift tag with my name on it with a message from the sender.

So lucky me, I know what I'm getting for christmas. I'm not running off to twitter to moan that Amazon ruined christmas, because christmas is always pretty shit anyway, but why did they do it?

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

On 21:56 9 Dec 2018, snipped-for-privacy@gowanhill.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

A busy time like Christmas expose the cracks in Amazon's system. I have been experiencing this myself with very late deliveries using Prime.

Sorry to hear your Christmases aren't much fun. :(

Reply to
Pamela

I don't think they say they are keeping the gift a secret though do they? To me its very dangerous to assume that what you got is what you expect, so imagine somebody opening something you thought was one thing and it turned out to be something embarrassing? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Next time:

Richard