ISS85 or maybe IS585 pin diodes

To carry out a repair of a radio I am stuck for 3x ISS85 or maybe IS585 diodes. Does anyone know of a source please or a direct replacement?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

It is a 1SS85

Silicon |Schottky PIN diode.

This ebay seller has an alleged replacement

I suggest looking for the part numbers he says his diode replaces..

I cant see how one could blow one of these though..

This looks a very similar brute - European numbering

The Natural Philosopher

Nor I. Its the front end band switching on a VHF comms radio, which suddenly went rather deaf and last time I looked several years ago, I could find no fault. So I'm trying a shotgun approach, replacing all components at the front end, including the band switch diodes and the dual gate MOSFET's.

Its a plug in unit, buried deep in a radio, near impossible to get test equipment connected without extenders..

Ta! I found nothing last time I checked.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Doesn't make any sense to be replacing those diodes given that they are very unlikely to have been killed and that they are so hard to get. Makes more sense to change everything else and see if that fixes it first.

Reply to
Tim J

Yes if one of those is blown it has to have had some kind of abuse. also of course remember when handling these there is a static hazard. You need an earthed work station and person!

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

well cost benefit sas that if te uniut is a bitch to get out and cant be easily tested in situ, while it's out, change everything cheap! They are not expensive.

Mind you i'd be suspecting power supply here - capacitor gone short perhaps?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Brian Gaff formulated the question :

I was thinking that perhaps a local lightening pulse might have caught the front end of the set.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Well, better than a heavying pulse

Reply to