aldi shower a good deal??

aldi have a shower tomorrow, sunday. it seems a bit cheaper than the ones ive been looking at at Wickes, is this a good deal, or is there any weakpoint i havent noticed?
http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/2867_6701.htm
Electric Shower each 49.99 *
What an invigorating way to start or end the day - this powerful shower has a choice of spray options, from gentle sprinkle to body blast. Thermostatic shower provides constant temperature control, allowing for safe showering for the whole family.
Power rating: 9.5kW Multi-function 6 position showerhead Neon indicator power ON Dial power selection Simple start/stop push-button water flow control Includes riser rail: 530mm (22"), detachable soap dish and 1.25m hose
--

[george]

On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 11:39:14 +0100, "George \(dicegeorge\)"

9.5 kW, so it won't retrofit on many older cables
George (dicegeorge) wrote:

Not at 9.5Kv the UK needs at least 12 for the cold winters. Otherwise it cold showers in the winter

In my first house we had an 8Kw Gainsborough for many years. Not great! but with a fine spray is did its job until more powerful ones became available.

It is made/marketed by 'Galaxy'. They are a pretty cheap supplier, probably 30% cheaper than Triton or Mira for equivalent models. I fitted a power shower from them a couple of months ago. Looked pretty decent, but electric showers are much of a muchness IMO. If you are after a new shower, then it is good value at 50, but I wouldnt bother rushing out to buy one just in case you may need one in the future. Alan.