Age related

Question comes to mind. Sit down at PC. Open browser. Open Google. Forgot the question.

Reply to
A_lurker

[12 lines snipped]

*applause*

Although you're showing your age at the "Sit down at PC" stage, since most people use a phone for that.

Perhaps that's another sign of old age? Prefers a decent size screen and keyboard to accessing the Internet through the letterbox.

Reply to
Huge

Not sure it was all down to management. Some very nice small pubs round here have closed down.

OK. I don't use them much - but was surprised how much a pint now costs in my nearest one. Which is pretty popular.

I'm trying to remember what an 'average' was when I used pubs regularly. I sort of stopped using them so much when I retired.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I remember the real old trams.

Reply to
Mike Clarke

I saw them in Leeds and Sheffield, but never rode on them.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Is this in place of checking your phone for new emails every

10 minutes ?.

Or staying up until 4AM to make sure you have the 'last word' on a contentious UK.D-I-Y topic ?

Reply to
Andrew

Unfortunately, by the time you find a use for them, they have gone brittle and just snap.

I do, however have one keeping the battery cover in place on my trusty Sony FM kitchen radio.

Reply to
Andrew

Does staying late at work to do the same count ?

Reply to
whisky-dave

You watch the Real Marigold Hotel, and think 'I remember when Jan Leeming wore such amazing ear-rings when she read the news'.

Reply to
Andrew

I've just discovered that the remote key fob for my Astra estate also shuts the windows that I forgot to close after leaving and locking the car. All the time i have been going back, sticking the key in the ign just activate the door buttons. :-)

Handy last weekend after I left the rear windows ajar to release condensation from the previous days use. Sunday was wet'n windy so I just pointed the fob out of the house front window, pressed the button for the alleged 5 seconds and hey presto up went the windows.

Since then we have had -6, so I expect the battery will be flat now :-(.

Reply to
Andrew

Heh, I bought a load of swing tags a short while ago, so I can label things that I might otherwise forget (like the little plastic bottles I got for applying glue, flux, lubricants - does anyone know how to tell the difference between sewing machine oil and silicone oil?) but I've forgotten where I put them ...

Reply to
Rob Morley

And trolley buses.

Reply to
harry

Quite. Being able to see much of what you want easily without scrolling. Of course if all you've ever known is a phone it will be marvellous.

There's also something wrong with my fingers. Touch screens don't like them.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Open top front and back in Aberdeen. Just what you need this weather.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Suppose early afternoon is quite late for you. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I'd agree. That's well observed and a point I'd forgotten. Still, on the bright side, I guess the extra exercise wouldn't come amiss for most of us. :-)

The Panasonic remotes seemed the most consistent in that regard but I was never that lucky with all the other makes.

A nice idea and, for most, that would be an excellent ruse but since I'm known for my dislike of mobile phones, that would just make me look as though I was losing my marbles rather more so than my simply conversing with myself.

I'd gotten over the novelty of being able to chat to others via a mobile wireless communication device way back in the late 60s. By the time affordable mobile phones became available, I was already wise to the fact that being available via land line, postal and electronic mail just left to open to unsolicited communications with people and organisations I'd rather not communicate with.

I could only see ownership of a mobile phone as mostly downside with very little upside. Since there was never any compelling reason to make myself available whilst out and about, I was quite happy to forego the dubious pleasures of owning a mobile phone. If I ever change my mind, it'll most likely be the result of age related feelings of insecurity.

Reply to
Johnny B Good

====snip====

That's one I can relate to. :-(

Reply to
Johnny B Good

Not old age, just maturity. :-)

Reply to
Johnny B Good

Bit of a selective memory there Not all of them were like that.

Aberdeen was set to modernise and acquired over 20 modern cars postwar, and the one behind though older is fully enclosed as well. The modern ones saw less than 9 years service because of the decision to abandoned the tram system.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

Yvonne Fletcher is the name that rings a bell about height.

Reply to
ARW