advise on security caneras/systems

There's a myriad of options out there. How do I chose. I want 4 cameras all wireless, recording on to a PC indoors

Reply to
fred

For a Windows application you could try Contacam it is free, but they like a donation. I have used one of the earlier editions in the past. You can set date, time, frame rate etc. You can also set movement detection over any selected area, so if you have a bush blowing about in the wind in the frame that can be deselected.

Anyway its worth a try, might be to fiddly to set up for you. You can use any cameras, I prefer inexpensive HD cameras for clarity.

Reply to
jon

Get as good as you can afford. Avoid dome cameras. The £50 ones I had a few years ago looked fine during the day and rubbish at night, then damp got in the dome, which made them worse. Hikvision is a good brand, Annke is owned by Hikvision but cheaper.

Reply to
Peter Johnson

Wireless will mean batteries will need regular changing and you can bet the battery will go on the one vital camera on a cold snowy day at night. If you go for a POE system power and data are transferred on the one Ethernet cable.

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

I have Hikvision Hilook cameras that use POE. Two are outside and attached to sofits so the don't get very wet.

Reply to
Michael Chare