Subject Author Posted Replies

PING Wodders
My CB TX/RX is now OK. It was set up wrong.
1
1

OT: NHS still waiting ...
... for Labour to respond to its official letter of complaint about their Charing Cross Hospital closure lies. Seems Labour candidates across West London are repeating these falsehoods.
1
1

Need a new circular saw.
After many years of service my circular saw is no longer usable ? blade has about ¾ of end float ? making straight cuts impossible. The 7 ¼? B&D was a good investment ? lasted at least 35 years....
32
32

Fitting a cat flap to a uPVC door panel
This door panel has raised sections to give a beaded effect but, from a test drill, they aren't solid. I can't decide whether to cut the beads to fit the outside of the flap or whether to spend ages...
4
4

Rain on newly-poured concrete?
Can anyone advise? After I pour some concrete (like a 4" thick pathway) for how long must it be proteced from rain? Many thanka, Al-W
6
6

B&Q Cartridge Gun
Just bought one of these: As you will see on the photo - there is a metal "needle" attached to the side of the gun. I asked the B&Q man what it was for - he had no idea. Does anyone here know?
7
7

Roller garage door end bungs
I need to replace a couple of the plastic end bungs on the ends of my electric roller garage door. Its one of those double skinned alloy ones, with insulation between the outer and inner. The plastic...
2
2

OT: Electricity from Gas in your home
Aside from natural gas being a finite resource, the following looks interesting. A British company making a world beating product, fuel cells. Cheap abundant materials, existing manufacturing...
2
2

Weird kettle shenanigans
Older multi temp kettle was cutting out at 50C, further investigation showed out it was the relay coil going open circuit when it got hot. As it cooled down it worked again. Not that uncommon a...
6
6

Re: OT: Diane Abbott pulls out of Woman's Hour election debate.........
ROTFL!!! :-D
1
1

Re: Diane Abbott pulls out of Woman's Hour election debate.........
I guess they lost the key to wind her up. I've noticed recently quite a number of politicians displaying worrying traits like being almost human.. grin. Brian

Circuit Breakers
Hi, What current typically is sufficient to break a 32A breaker? I've heard they don't cut at exactly 32A but usually some amount higher. Can someone clarify? cheers, chris
25
25

OT: Guaranteed payment without payment
I'd like to take some sort of payment that I can be confident of being able to cash/pay in if necessary, but most likely won't want to cash it at any time. I'm trying to remember how this was done......
31
31

Boards for shed roof?
Going to be building a new shed shortly. As things stand at the moment, its going to be 2.8mtr square, but the roof is going to overhang the front by 80cm, to give me a bit of shade/shelter when...
5
5

Desensing PIR Detectors
Hi all, Is there a way to make PIR motion sensors a bit *less* sensitive? I have one of these Driveway Alert ones from CPC and it's supposed to have a range of about 30' but is actually detecting...
10
10