Fitting a cat flap to a uPVC door panel

This door panel has raised sections to give a beaded effect but, from a test drill, they aren't solid. I can't decide whether to cut the beads to fit the outside of the flap or whether to spend ages making filler pieces to raise the flat panel up to the top of the beading. This must be a common problem; what have others done?

Reply to
nospam

Got rid of cat?

Reply to
alan_m

Slapped silicone around the cat flap on top of the raised beads. The cat will not care.

Reply to
ARW

The cats might not but SWMBO would :-(

I decided to take the plunge (literally) and attack it with a multi tool. The beads came off easily and the thin uPVC panel was bonded to a

20mm (ish) polystyrene core - so the job was much easier than I'd expected. Now I need a dry day to do the outside of the panel.
Reply to
nospam

Fitted a flat panel instead.

Reply to