Subject Author Posted Replies

Memories - old technology
Remember trying to improve an old TV by adjusting the Convergenece Controls. I recall, my old Murphy had about 20 potentiometers and other ajustements.
123
123

Underground cables
I need to replace a couple of overhead cable runs to sheds, one is about 110mm and the others are in a daisy chain of 3 sheds with a maximum distance (between the ends of the chain) of about 50m. Each...
30
30

potting electronics
The genuine potting compounds are expensive, I need some ideas for cheap alternatives. Poundland epoxy adhesive? Car body filler? Bathroom silicone? Something else? I envisage the encapsulated circuit...
14
14

bridge load of troubled crap
just heard it and seen the video...only people I recognised was Daltry and that black guitarist...what a load of sentimental piss we can all do without ......
9
9

OT: 50 years on from the Summer of Love...
...Corbyn announces the summer of Hate.
1
1

Blast from the past
Heathkit is launching their first new kit in 30 years: "We have opened advance orders for our newest product, the HM-1002 Heathkit® Precision RF Meter?, for our most loyal customers and fans. This is...
13
13

Internal circlip of some sort ?
One of my hobbies involves an activated carbon filter to remove taints from a liquid. For reasons unknown it seems impossible to source a new filter - as various shops are discovering. Rather than...
21
21

OT.. On finsbury park moske
Surely we should just "carry on exactly as before"? Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/paul.j.watson.71 FOLLOW Paul Joseph Watson @ https://twitter.com/PrisonPlanet

Pointing
The front of my house needs some re-pointing, where the lime mortar has been washed away over the years. Unlike the back, however, it was built with (AIUI) penny joints, ie about a 2-3mm mortar line,...
10
10

Have the smelling salts standing by...
..because many on here will be incandescent. Nearly 70 social housing flats will be made available, as the PM apologises for the government's failures.
143
143

tv aerial masts
Hello, I am some distance from the tv transmitter, so I may need a masthead amp. I can get into the loft to install an aerial but I'm not brave enough to go on the outside and put an aerial at height....
37
37

Removing residue from my stone and brick fireplace
I have removed all plaster from my fireplace but layers of residue have been left what is best way to remove this without damaging original stonework...
3
3

R. Cott. 15
Levelling joists for flooring. On 400mm spaced joists and 22mm chip flooring. How much *out of level* can I get away with? Worst found so far is about 4mm! I don't want to power plane as the floor...
9
9

Corrugated sheet shelter
I'd like to fix a piece of 2m x 1m corrugated onduline type sheet to a wall - act as something approaching shelter for my bike. It'd be into a corner, with the shorter end meeting the house wall, and...
16
16

Aldi router
I only have the occaisional need for a router but at 30 quid. the Aldi one looks like it could be a good buy. Does anybody have experience with this o ne? In particular, what size cutters does it take...
16
16