Subject Author Posted Replies

Aldi invertor welder
20-140A, 5kg, electrodes upto 3.2mm, now £69.99. Any opinions on it? NT
6
6

Thermoplastic road lettering
We've got some thermoplastic letters to mark our office parking space. It falls on me to fit the stuff. Never done it before - is it reasonably straightforward? I've got a standard plumbing propane...
6
6

OT: Why dogs don't need toilet paper
"Ms. Warman notes, "Although we share most of our DNA with great apes, there are some striking anatomical differences between ourselves and our nearest relatives, most notably our vertical posture....
16
16

What foundations for beam floor
Hi All, We've got the builders in, we don't have an architect or project manager ov erseeing the work, and our experience with a lot of this stuff is that we'v e seen it on Grand Designs or 100K House...
5
5

No water being collected in the water tank
My machine heats up fine,the pump is working have checked and there is no blockages in pipes but there is no water going into the drainage tank for the pump and everywhere is dry racking my brains as...
7
7

Coach bolts, carriage bolts, coach screws etc.
Just a terminology question really. Yes, I know GIMF, but the use of names seems random at best. Coach screw - tapered screw thread, hex head. Screw thread may be all or part of the shaft. To screw...
16
16

DAB unit for car with only vhf?
Posted this originally on but only one reply so far. May I try here? I see subsequently from Google that I can completely hide one of these behind the dash (apart from the windscreen aerial). > I...
9
9

WIN a free smart cutter from Hep2O
By win I mean get one for free Just register. https://plumbing.wavin.com/gearup/uk/how-it-works
1
1

Cutting paving slabs in situ
I have to cut some slabs in order to reduce the size of a patio area: basically I need to remove a 4" strip from the edge of four paving stones. They seem to be quite secure, so I wondered about...
22
22

A letterbox story...
Or rather they seem to be called letterbox plates these days. I like the original brass one here - but didn't like having to polish it. Lacquer is a temporary fix - but looks dreadful when...
10
10

Peter Parfitt UK Workshop
Any idea as to how I might contact this gentleman (email)
1
1

LED bulb flickering
This last is correct, each doubling of lumen output corresponds to a one stop increase for any given shutter speed at any one iso speed rating. A quadrupling of lumen output is two stop's worth with 3...
14
14

OT: BBC at Labour Conf
I see that the BBC's chief political editor, that Laura Kuenssberg, has been assigned a body guard for her time at the Labour Conference after threats from left wing thugs and trolls. Says it all,...
139
139

Pencil Sharpener
Thats what we called the small hand held device with a blade used to sharpen a pencil. My son, raised in s different part of the country, calls it a pencil parer and yesterday I heard his wife, from...
8
8

Prostate Examination
Anyone know if doctors can DIY their own prostate exam? Obviously if they can, the rest of us can learn to do it for ourselves and save the yearly appointment (we're all busy people after all). This...
35
35