Subject Author Posted Replies

OT Bitcoin pyramid
BITCOIN Pyramid A lot of monkeys lived near a village. ??????? One day a merchant came t o the village to buy these monkeys!?????? ?? He announced that he will buy the monkeys @ $100 ea ch. ?? The...
14

Dishwasher pong
Have got complaints of a pongy dishwasher. Washed items come out smelly too. They've tried hot washes with washing up liquid, washing powder & bleach with no joy. Smells like drains. The hottest...
18
18

Re: Shite Decorators
I suspect you're just confirming most posters reasons for preferring to DIY jobs ...
1
1

OT N. Korea and Winter Olympcis.
It'll never happen. 99% of them will do a runner when they cross over. Michael Madden examines what's happening behind the scenes to get North Korea to the Games.
3
3

Sticking rubber patch to car mat
As the title suggets - I've been given a spare mat for my car - usual black carpet-like stuff, obviously synthetic but not sure what but it's got a hole in it where the heel rests. I've got a bit of...
8
8

Megger "funny"
Yes I thought that might be what had happened. Just interested that a megger with 320V DC seemed to give about 1 mA while 240V AC gives > 30 mA. But I guess the AC was kicking off an arc.
18
18

OT Interesting project
Red Sea–Dead Sea Water Conveyance - Wikipedia
2
2

OT Came across this (Climate change)
8
8

House insurance
As sems to be well known, I have not lived in my house for over three yesars, after being driven out by a concerted campaign of domestic abuse from a mentally ill very nearly ex-wife. I have...
7
7

air in radiators.
air is getting into my central heating , as fast as i can bleed it out. i noticed the presssure had risen a few weeks ago, and found air in the upstairs rads. after expelling it, the pressure rose...
5
5

Overhead power cables.
Just how many time to these have to be replaced in a storm before they get the message that they'd survive a storm if underground?
15
15

Aldi, the German discounter
Why do the media insist on calling Aldi a discount store? I've never seen " discounted" goods in their stores, and they don't try and bamboozle you wit h BOGOF deals, loyalty cards and all that...
157
157

[OT] Replaceable chinaware?
I'm in the market for a new set of china plates etc. However, what happens is one of many parts will get broken or at least chipped badly in just a few years. Does anyone sell long life designs -...
45
45

XP box
Right! The old XP box has taken up space in our hall for too long. I am told the space is needed for a row of wellington boots in readiness for the next GC. visit! I'll strip out the hard drive but...
43
43

"Sanitary" mastic - second attempt
In a moment of madness I had "stone tiles" put on the floor and walls of th e shower tray is a pre-formed composite material that is tiled . The mastic pealed around the junction between the wall and...
4
4