Subject Author Posted Replies

UK energy demand down to 1970's levels
In spite of population increase Due to energy efficiency improvement and some renewables not included in the statistics. What’s driving the fall in UK energy demand and can it last?
2
2

Tile come off
Could be no more than being in just the right place for a 'gust' to do the job. Depending on the type/style it may only have been held by 'tabs' over a battern and the weight of the next row. Others...
20
20

Korean bidet toilet
As a matter of interest, do you intend to comply with the bit of building regulations that requires you to have a physical air gap in the water supply? Do they have an approved device for this?
5
5

Flashing LED
Back of the house is facing a park, so want to make sure nobody walking there is tempted... I have a false alarm cover/box that matches the real one at the front of the building. I would like to hang...
18
18

log graph scale
I realised you were offering a specific example. I was just clarifying the point that the rule was a universal one which could be applied to any base value. :-)
40
40

Restoring Ch system
Hi all I am fitting a new bathroom rad today and thought I might take the opportunity to put some restoring/ protection stuff in whilst I am at it. System is around 10years old and i have a system...
1
1

Red fibre washers
Hi all, ISTR from way back that these washers are supposed to be boiled in water for 10 mins before installing them or they may leak in service. Can anyone clarify if this is really necessary? Ta.
12
12

Eggborough P.S. to close
, but they have an application in to convert to gas.
25
25

Lidl & Aldi unsold tools
...and they only accepted cards no cash...strange
16
16

[OT] Searching an online forum
Forgive me if this is utter rubbish. I use one particular online forum quite a lot, as do many others, and a great deal of useful information has been posted over a good few years. Finding it is the...
12
12

Dyson DC59 replacement battery - engineer required?
I started researching replacing the battery in our DC59 - not now an issue fortunately. Dyson don't sell batteries because they say it should only be fitted by a trained engineer. That leaves 3rd...
3
3

PAT / safety-testing - domestic lighting?
Hi All In another life I used to be involved with PAT testing / electrical safety testing & quality management on telecoms equipment - so I understand a bit about electrical safety testing. Nowadays,...
138
138

Suprima - unusual (to me) fault
Has worked fine for some time with its latest refurb board from CET but out-of-the blue failed to start the other morning. As I still had the very first PCB the boiler came with (changed due to usual...
26
26

Video door entry which displays on TV - possible?
Yes. It is easy almost all of them even the cheapest nasty ones from Aldi/Lidl produce a composite video out and a mono sound channel. The only snag is that you have to change from TV to another...
20
20

Geberit AquaClean 8000plus Care toilet Constant running/dripping
Hi guys n gals. I own a Geberit AquaClean 8000plus Care toilet (with cistern - non wall hung) its been fantastic!! - Until recently.. It has developed a constant drip/run in to the toilet pan. I have...
3
3