Subject Author Posted Replies

Frozen Gutters
Not sure if this is a local (south Sheffield) curiosity, but my and nearby neighbours' gutters are full of frozen thawed snow. Some have large icicles as they've overflowed. This has happened in the...
4
4

Wallstar boiler keeps tripping and won't light
Ok I have Wallstar boiler on the outside wall of my house but it is under cover, it doesn't get used off ten as it only does the heating but has always worked ok, every time I go to put it on it trips...
2
2

Kitchen Worktop Cable Grommet
I'm looking to route some appliance cables (microwave, lights, radio etc - I'll keep it to 13A max though - the feed is to an extension block) through the kitchen worktop to tidy things up and free up...
28
28

Gas central heating timer
I am finding search engines less and less useful. I am looking for a timer for my gas fired central heating that has a battery back-up, as we have fairly frequent power failures here. any suggestions...
22
22

Condensate
Our boiler flue slopes downwards, so most of the condensate runs out that way. This is the result: (For Brian, it's a massive icicle hanging from our bin which is right under the flue.)
27
27

rising main water temperature
Ours is 5.7C. Anyone else checked theirs? Bill
25
25

Time travel is dead easy
Listen to Gold Radio when you are making a post whilst using homeownersclub.
4
4

R. Cott. 30
Vinyl flooring... lots of 2.8mm thick stuff on the J. Lewis site however, the acrylic glue they offer is said to be unsuitable for underfloor heating. Any alternatives and does it need to be glued?...
6
6

Fitting universal headlight buzzer
Audi Audio / Video / Electronics / Security Audi Owners Club (UK) Fitting universal headlight buzzer By leenowelll, 22 hours ago in Audi Audio / Video / Electronics / Security a4 leenowelll 0...
36
36

Oh ----
Yep, someone's been diying... NT
6
6

Frozen Condensate Pipe
The first time this happened was a few years ago. My boiler is in my loft in the middle of the house under a double hip roof. Any drains are on the outside condensate pipe travels above the ceiling...
28
28

OT: WE cracked 50GW.
total electricity demand PLUS whatever the embedded wind is generating First time in 2018
5
5

Bizarre usage of bottled gas - less used to keep house at high temp rather than low temp
We've just moved into my parents' holiday cottage for a few months because we've sold our house and not yet found a new house. My parents chose to run the boiler off bottled propane rather than oil...
10
10

Freezing pipes.
If you think your pipes might freeze, leave a tap dripping. The one furthest from the stop tap.
5
5

OT snow
I've not set foot outside today but the snow on our side streets must be bad as the taxi drivers are only traveling at 2 miles per hour!
18
18