70+ driving licence renewal form

Hi,

I already have 70+ licence, due to expire soon, and a reminder/renewal form arrived this am.

The new to me form, versus doing it online, seems a little confused. If I go online, and begin completing, right at the end, it insists on you having a valid passport #, I assume to grab a photo from.

The paper form, seems to not need a passport #, a photo, nor even to insist you to return your expiring licence. You can just suggest you lost or defaced it.

Am I understanding the paper form correctly - just complete the form, no need for the old licence, no need for a photo?

They will have my original photo on file anyway, I suppose?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield Esq

I have recently done mine, needed a new photo but no need to send old licence

Reply to
Mark

How did you know it needed a new photo, was there some sort of request from them for one, or did you volunteer a new photo?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield Esq

Out of interest, was the reminder sent 3 months before your birthday or three months before the "Covid extension" expired? My last one was actually sent about 9 months after my birthday in 2020!

Reply to
Jeff Layman

The renewal form I got was clear I needed to submit a new photo but thinking back the last two renewals I did not need to send a photo you can do it online you know if you have a valid UK passport I have a EU Irish passport so have to use the form sent and maybe why they wanted a new photo

Reply to
Mark

Three months before the birthday, Covid did not affect my licence renewal.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield Esq

Thanks, it just seemed odd that they were demanding more proof for the online renewal, than via a paper, postal form.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield Esq

I wonder what they would do if you sent them a photo of a skeleton? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

They'd refuse to issue as dead people aren't allowed to drive.

Reply to
Max Demian

are they that intelligent?

Reply to
charles

They'd refuse to issue the licence - no bones about it.

Reply to
Jeff Layman

Brian Gaff snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote

Demand the original death certificate.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Perhaps they have access to the passport photo and use that

Reply to
Mark