Driving Licence

Do people still have the paper bit of their UK driving licence, I have not seen mine for decades.

Reply to
jon

It's not needed any more. You go to the DVLA website to view your driving record or get a code so, e.g., a car hire company can view it.

Reply to
Max Demian

It's not even issued any more.

Reply to
nightjar

Never mind a paper bit, I have a paper entire thing.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Somewhere I still have my little red book with my provisional licence.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Mine had to be renewed due to age. New one is credit card sized with mug shot

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Where's yer plastic bit with the mug and profile shot?

Reply to
Tim Streater

mine's brown

Reply to
charles

I was plastic free until 70. Easy if you don't change address or surrender your licence.

Reply to
Robin

I only have my old paper one...expires 2022

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

And in Wales it is bilingual, so even more entire

Reply to
Andrew

You can get tablets for that. ;O)

Reply to
soup

last change of address 1996

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Will you last that long though ? :-)

Reply to
Andrew

nothing is guaranteed in this life ...

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

me too 1968

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

I used to laugh when I saw that date....not laughing now....tee hee

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Same here (well, I think I still have the entire thing). ;-)

It's fun getting those that want to see it to fit it back together and if they can it proves to me they aren't a bot. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

or get 'booked'.

Reply to
charles

I was stopped near Miami one night, for driving too fast in a workzone (apparently there's an automatic speed limit in such areas). When I offered my dilapidated paper licence the cop was not impressed - after a while he gave up with it and gruffly told me to go. It probably didn't help that, naively, I'd left the car and walked towards the police car - gulp!

Reply to
nothanks