Reusing white tiles

I have a pile of old white tiles, is it worth re using them or would the cost of the extra thickness of glue end up more expensive?

They were glued onto crumbly old lime plaster.

And if its worth doing, how to remove the old glue easily?

George

Reply to
George Miles

Ive removed old tile cement by soaking the tiles in water. This was to re-tile a wall after dry lining it and saved having to also re-tile two other walls as new tiles to match were not available.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

+1 I done same soaked, for a couple of hours in a bucket and the cement just scraped off. May depend on type of adhesive used.
Reply to
ss

That will work unless older cement based adhesive was used.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

There is also the waterproof grout to be considered.

Reply to
alan_m

soak them in brick/patio acid

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Its getting the old ones off intact that is often the issue! Also why is it that even simple design tiles like white with pink flecks of a certain size are discontinued within a few years of you using them? Is this downright bloody minded ness? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

are white tiles not inexpensive ? ... and I thought I was cheap ....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Colour match. Cover structural repair.

Paul