Subject Author Posted Replies

Cordless combi drill/impact driver
I bought a cheap cordless combi drill recently. An unexpected benefit was that it would work as a screw driver in impact mode. I'm not sure if this was intended behaviour but it seemed to work well....
11
11

Thunderbird
Is there a way of displaying the message headers? I have had a couple of possible delayed mails and would like to check when they were actually sent. (unless my solicitor was actually in the office on...
14
14

Confirm, old fuel
I have some old fuel (approx 1 x litre) in a can. To avoid the hassle of going to a recycle place would I be ok to shove it my petrol car when I have a full tank. The litre is possibly 2 stroke mix as...
39
39

WhatÂ’s Driving the Unusual Calm in Currency Markets
What?s Driving the Unusual Calm in Currency Markets Some traders worry volatility is too low, which could make future market moves more disruptive By Olga Cotaga, March 17, 2019, Wall St. Journal...

Zinc pest
On Fri, 22 Mar 2019 13:00:28 +0000, "Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote: Die cast zinc toys made in the first half of the last century, when the significance of contamination of zinc by traces of lead wasn't...
10
10

Screwfix web site
Currently screwed. 12:20 22/03 as is B&Q
2
2

Today's job.
I was sent to empty NHS offices to install fused spurs for roller shutters (the place can then be refurbed but it's in a bit of a shit hole and needs protection). I was given a key and a list of codes...
15
15

Misdirected airbus email
I occaisionaly get an email, from an A330 Airbus Senior Manager, containing details about the A330 inspections, modifications and repairs including diagrams. The senders name is genuine, I have...
21
21

Hobs & Pans
In article <9fba26c0-854e-47b1-81af-05fa7f67fc69 >, says... Well, my wife has been using stainless steet pans on the ceramic hob that was here when we moved here getting on for 3 years ago now and has...
10
10

13 pin 12v trailer socket - standard parts?
In my experience, they aren't all the same. I damage a 13 pin socket and tried to just fit the 'outer' part (the bit that was damaged) to discover the locating lugs were different. Of course, they...
2
2

red ash ?
On Thu, 21 Mar 2019 11:29:08 +0000, "Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote: 'Sulphate-bearing hardcore' it says here: sulphate reacts with the overlying concrete screed, causing the latter to expand, bulge and crack....
11
11

Plastic caps for concrete screws.
I ordered some concrete screws on ebay for installing a plastic door frame and a window frame. They came with some little plastic caps for fitting in the screws torx slots. I have done the screws up...
2
2

Ping Adam
What do the professionals do when fitting almost any modern imported ceiling light fitting to an existing 3 plate ceiling rose outlet? I am faced with flat backed LED units, pendants with little space...
18
18

Mad electrical question
I discovered a problem with a join in a ring main and decided to replace the faulty connector with a terminal block. I wondered if this needs to be rated at 30A to correspond with the fuse (RCBO) or...
29
29

What's it called? - a latching spring retraction mechanism
As part of re-wiring the workshop I want to be able to pull down a socket (on a flex) from the ceiling when required and then to have it retract when not needed. The action would be something like a...
23
23