Subject Author Posted Replies

Waiting to get through - then idiot mode
I'm supposed to have a good clear speaking accent, but I'm sometimes turn into a complete gibbering idiot, by waiting to speak. I have in mind those occasions where you ring a company and have a...
18
18

Making a marble garden table.
Since te X Ffed off with all te decant patio furniuter - bitch - I need a gardene table ... Ive got lods of 12mm marble sheet. I also have a marble coffee table that survive the winter well and...
17
17

DIY laptop swap.
JFI. Bought a s/h motherboard for my broken Yoga S1 (i5 cpu) on Monday. Swapped it today when it arrived in the post. I had used the hard drive in something else so I swapped the HD out of a machine...
4
4

Puzzling LED behaviour
We have an en suite which uses three mains GU10 fittings (probably at least a dozen years old). One over the shower is IP65, and is switched separately from the other two, which are ordinary fittings....
16
16

Hole in joist (different query) - 2.5mm T&E
I'm just getting back into the DIY mind set and rooting around in the shed to dig stuff out of my stash. I'm extending the 13A ring in the 3rd bedroom/office, and need to run two 2.5mm T&E wires...
4
4

Hole in Joist
I need to bore a hole in a joist to take a shower waste. Reading the regs tells me that in a 20cm Joist the max hole can be 32mm I need to pass a pipe of 42mm diameter! The joist is right next to a...
14
14

Wiki question - am I reading this wrong?
From <> "Eighteenth Edition Regulation 521.10.202 requires cables to be adequately supported against their premature collapse in the event of a fire. This applies throughout the installation and not...
8
8

OT:Massive surge in scam calls for SWMBO ?
SWMBO has just hung up on her 3rd scam/cold caller of the day. We've gone from 0 scam calls in 6 months to about 10 in a week. Is there something in the air ?
17
17

giving the lie to Dyson
Ex Gizmodo Vacuum makers typically measure suction power by air watts, and Miele claims it can sustain 1,100 watts, while Dyson claims the V11 does 185 watts. But cords and bags serve a purpose!...
74
74

perpend vents
Nobody cares. Its like the way ordinary screws get used for things outside so a rust mark appears on the wall as the head goes rusty. Brian
6
6

Orbitrol steering unit
Anyone attempted repairs? After 6000 hours it doesn't owe me much but at circa £250 I thought I would ask:-)
2
2

Strange
Ancient Sharp mobile phone. Rings for an incoming voice call but no one there! This effect seems to coincide with giving my mobile number to on line suppliers as the contact point. Are they trying to...
8
8

Re: Malaysia rated one of the world's worst for plastic pollution
But are now starting to send it all back from whence it came. Brian

Re: world space
Jim GM4DHJ ... formulated the question : I'll bite, down where?
1
1

Why insect populations are plummeting—and why it m atters
Why insect populations are plummeting?and why it matters A new study suggests that 40% of insect species are in decline, a sobering finding that has jarred researchers worldwide. BY Douglas Main, Feb...