5A Floor Sockets??

Does anyone know where I can get some round pin (5A) floor sockets - ideally like the 13A sockets with the covers.

I want to run a dimmed lighting circuit in a green oak conservatory and the floor is the only place the sockets can go.

If they don't exist, suggested workarounds would be welcome.

TIA

Phil Roberts

Reply to
Philip Roberts

have floor sockets.

Reply to
Mike

Thanks for the link, but these are standard 13amp sockets, Ideally I want round pin to make sure that someone doesn't try plugging a heater into a circuit designed for writing - I suspect that no-one makes them.

Regards

Phil

Reply to
Philip Roberts

Phil,

There is a variant of the standard 13Amp plug / socket where the earth pin is rotated 90 degrees. They are often used in computer applications where the u.p.s. protected circuit has to be identified. MK certainly make a floorbox mounted double version though I expect that they cost an arm and a leg - this one is on eBay at the moment:

Mawson

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

In message , Philip Roberts wrote

Screwfix?

What about fitting into

a standard 5A socket

Reply to
Alan

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 18:14:59 +0000 (UTC), in uk.d-i-y "Philip Roberts" strung together this:

You can get them, I just can't find any in my catalogues at the moment. Try going to your electrical wholesaler.

Reply to
Lurch

Newey and Eyre always used to supply these for theatre use on-stage. Don't know if they still do but look for a theatre electrical supply company and they should have them.

Reply to
G&M

A floor box designed for comms, etc? The only one I can find is a bit big for a one gang socket, but perhaps others know of smaller ones.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

MK do a single round box for raised floors, still looks a bit too 'office style' for a conservatory.

Toby

Thanks for the link but it is still a 13 A sq pin socket.

I suspect that I will have to resort to a low current fuse, lots of labels and a big note in the house book (not that we are planning to move house for a very long time).

Thanks

Phil

Reply to
Philip Roberts

Thanks for the lead, there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Regards Phil

Reply to
Philip Roberts

Thanks for the suggestion, it would work . . . . . but . . . . . . she who must be obeyed doesn't like the aesthetics.

Regards

Phil

Reply to
Philip Roberts