Subject Author Posted Replies

Old-fashioned bath taps
My house had these globe taps on the cast iron bath when we first moved in 21 years ago. I replaced all the lead plumbing in the house shortly after moving in and I remember having to buy some...
15
15

Drain blocked with caustic soda
I poured caustic soda down my shower hole and it has harderned any leads ? I?m panicking
26
26

IT question (slightly OT)
I do incremental backups of a couple of datasets with simple batch files using Robocopy /MIR. These normally work fine, except after the clock change when they back up everything on the grounds that...
8
8

Anyone remember Matty from NZ?
Off to NZ soon and have no fixed itinerary but I was reminded today about museums there. IIRC Marty worked at a museum there. Anyone know where? He always amazed me with his projects and his talents...
23
23

Brown Electricity and Gas meter boxes
Are they made of brown GRP, or white GRP painted brown ? And why are they twice the price of white ones ? TIA
18
18

DIY the Metro way
Picked up a copy of "Metro" in a hospital waiting room this morning, and was intrigued by this DIY article. Apparently a claw hammer can be used as a substitute for a cordless combi drill. Any fool...
5
5

Floppy drive
As it is quiet in here:-) Clearing the office in preparation for the house move, I came across some floppies! The current desktop Win 7 32 bit PC has a suitable slot so I plugged one in. No response...
15
15

Energy firms going bust
Seems as if lots of firms are going to struggle to meet their obligation to pay Ofgem to cover its renewable energy charge. The cash will be used to support renewable energy projects. That maybe is an...
15
15

Re: OT Economics of migration
You know, you really are barking mad. Do Hippos Swim? | A Moment of Science - Indiana Public Media

Re: Clandestine operation commissioned by the US government on Canadian territory 28 years ago: 2 dead
Why have you sent this here? Its in French, and unless they shout louder we won't understand then grin.... Brian
1
1

Did someone mention WiFi repeaters?
I don't know why but I never get results searching for stuff with Thunderbird, maybe i've downloaded too much.... Anyway, i've a WiFi repeater (sub 10 quid cheapo from eBay), since using it having no...
17
17

vga splitter for 2 monitors
I'm looking for a vga splitter which has 2 female vga sockets for 2 monitors, if there is such a thing. I have a mini hdmi to female vga , for 1 monitor, so I would then need a male vga to 2 female...
3
3

PIR blue LED lights - lifesafers !!!!!
Have dotted a few of these around the place a couple of years ago. Power cut at 8pm Saturday, and they came into their own. Instant light in the bathroom, hallway, and kitchen. Never really considered...
10
10

Where to upload manuals?
I make a habit of scanning in manuals for nearly everything I own, if I can't find them online. Where is a good place to donate them for the next person?
26
26

Broken catch on rear of Bosch Vacuum.
Not sure of the model yet as its in need of sighted help but its the back panel of the vacuum where some filters reside, and the plastick arms that are part of the moulding of air exit and catch have...
2
2