vga splitter for 2 monitors

I'm looking for a vga splitter which has 2 female vga sockets for 2 monitors, if there is such a thing.

I have a mini hdmi to female vga , for 1 monitor, so I would then need a male vga to 2 female vga for each monitor.

As I want to extend my desktop and not duplicate it, I haven't managed to find any yet over the last couple of days.

Is there such a thing, or any other way I could get 2 monitors from 1 mini hdmi socket.

Reply to
RobH

display port can do chaining of monitors, but not hdmi, or vga.

witrh a passice vga splitter you'd end up with two identical displays, is this a desktop or laptop, if the former you could but in an extra PCIe display card (subject to free slot) if a laptop there are USB monitors available.

What's the usage?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Yup, plenty of that kind of thing about.

Is this because the monitors only have VGA and not HDMI (you can get HDMI splitters as well)?

If you are splitting a single display adaptor output, you will only ever[1] get duplicates. To have a second separate logical screen, you will need a separate display adaptor that the OS (windows presumably) can render two.

[1] possible exception for some recent display port compatible kit.

Without knowing more info about what equipment you have its hard to give particularly targetted advice.

However most computers made in the last few years will have two or more display outputs, and many can drive them independently to allow multiple logical screens that the OS can address. So for example its quite common to find VGA and HDMI, or VGA and DVI. Sometimes all three.

If your computer does not have multiple outputs, then adding a new/additional display card will add one or more. With laptops you can get USB2/3 based display adaptors.

Reply to
John Rumm

I have a pukka VGA DA somewhere. One input, 6 outputs. I'd guess it only conforms to VGA resolutions, though.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)