Subject Author Posted Replies

Energy firms going bust
Seems as if lots of firms are going to struggle to meet their obligation to pay Ofgem to cover its renewable energy charge. The cash will be used to support renewable energy projects. That maybe is an...
15
15

Re: OT Economics of migration
You know, you really are barking mad. Do Hippos Swim? | A Moment of Science - Indiana Public Media

Re: Clandestine operation commissioned by the US government on Canadian territory 28 years ago: 2 dead
Why have you sent this here? Its in French, and unless they shout louder we won't understand then grin.... Brian
1
1

Did someone mention WiFi repeaters?
I don't know why but I never get results searching for stuff with Thunderbird, maybe i've downloaded too much.... Anyway, i've a WiFi repeater (sub 10 quid cheapo from eBay), since using it having no...
17
17

vga splitter for 2 monitors
I'm looking for a vga splitter which has 2 female vga sockets for 2 monitors, if there is such a thing. I have a mini hdmi to female vga , for 1 monitor, so I would then need a male vga to 2 female...
3
3

PIR blue LED lights - lifesafers !!!!!
Have dotted a few of these around the place a couple of years ago. Power cut at 8pm Saturday, and they came into their own. Instant light in the bathroom, hallway, and kitchen. Never really considered...
10
10

Where to upload manuals?
I make a habit of scanning in manuals for nearly everything I own, if I can't find them online. Where is a good place to donate them for the next person?
26
26

Broken catch on rear of Bosch Vacuum.
Not sure of the model yet as its in need of sighted help but its the back panel of the vacuum where some filters reside, and the plastick arms that are part of the moulding of air exit and catch have...
2
2

What is this for? What are these objects?
insulated beer can holder?
5
5

Electricity North West says plans to lower its volta ge could cut emissions by 10% and save customers £60 a year
Darn, missed the post this morning. thanks
79
79

Neff Microwave Oven H5640
Yes I have removed the fascia surround and the rectangular start button.
4
4

Walls overboarded, drywall backboxes?
Yes, but you will have to trim back the insulation, so the box ears can fit in. It may be easier to fit metal boxes. if you have a solid back to screw them to.
3
3

Cuttable plastic sheet to make screw shims
The ridges were on the outside and there were no open cells within the sheet It wasn't as thick as either of your examples. The thickness was about 1mm or 2mm.
2
2

Stanley web clamp wanted
Hmm, thanks but I've found plenty of those linked to, indeed I have a couple, it's just that I find the mechanism of the one I pictured much simpler and more compact, plus easier to take apart and...
4
4

Wait eight seconds longer for your kettle – and c ut your carbon bill
You're right. Firefox shows that but not IE.
27
27