Geberit 360 Fill Valve in toilet

Slight hiss - took out diaphragm and cleaned it and the seating. Still passing a bit of water. Anything else worth trying. Could the float be sticking a bit? Should I replace it. Not my house - need to see how accessible the inlet is as I don't want to remove the cistern.

Reply to
JohnP

I had a standard ball float valve which started to overflow a little. Removing it and cleaning the diaphragm didn't help; in fact, it made matters worse by starting water hammer. A completely new float valve was even worse - water hammer and foghorn! Nothing I tried fixed it, until I turned the pressure down by slightly closing the isolating valve on the mains input to the float valve. It solved the problem immediately.

I have a feeling that the water company might have increased the pressure a little as there was a high demand due to lack of rain, and that might have contributed to the problem.

Anyway, if there is an isolation valve, it might be worth turning it a little to restrict the input pressure, and see if that stops the hissing.

Reply to
Jeff Layman

Jeff Layman snipped-for-privacy@invalid.invalid wrote in news:riabr3$917$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

Sorry - turning down a valve reduces max flow - not pressure. Many ball valves come with a high and a low pressure nozzle or restrictor.

Reply to
JohnP