window cleaning

The house opposite me has just had the windows cleaned

A van turns up with 7 people and judging by the conversation all Eastern European. Three ladders come off the roof of the van and six men get to work - the seventh stays in the van smoking. Approx 4 minutes later the windows are "clean", the ladders go back on the van and they all drive off.

Reply to
alan_m

Did the use their own (presumably filtered) water ?

Reply to
Jethro_uk

and?

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

probably just casing the joint....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Water from a bucket applied with a fluffy sponge on a stick and wiped off with a squeegee. Glass only with no attempt to clean window frame.

Reply to
alan_m

My window cleaner brings his grown up daughter with him. Basically just to collect the cash. Before this, her elder brother. But could be he has a job now.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Ah, so a shit job then ?

Quite an appropriate posting for DIY - reminds us all why we do :)

Reply to
Jethro_uk

how much £££s?

Reply to
Davidm

And your point is? I get mine done by a single eastern European, its just a middle terrace but he is done quite fast. I wonder what it costs for a team like that? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

They will be cutting hair next week - progressed from car wash - to Window Cleaning, then propmotion to hairdressing.

Reply to
JohnP

Crikey. Crime of the century.

But what do you expect from these East Europeans? They don't have glass back home you know. Just chicken wire.

I have never in my life ever seen a window cleaner clean the frames. Not even when he had an English pedigree going back to Agincourt.

Reply to
Algernon Goss-Custard

Back onto D.I/Y. I cut my own hair (well shave it to 3mm alover) but I am not Eastern European so no idea why I've posted in an 'Eastern Europeans are taking all our jobs' thread.

Reply to
soup

Nice t*ts?

Reply to