Flexible hose for gas cooker

Our old cooker is a New World 55HLG and after many years of great service it's time to get rid.

I'll not bore you with details but for various reasons we've picked up a secondhand but pristine New World 55THLG to replace it, so exact same make and model coming out and going in.

Unfortunately the new one doesn't have a flexible hose fitted so being as the old one is perfectly fine I'm thinking it should be alright to swap it to the new cooker.

The wall end is a bayonet fitting so no problem there but, is it just a case of screwing the hose 'as is' into the cooker end or is there some special gobbo/gunge/tape that has to be applied to the threads first?

Reply to
Cliff Topp

The thicker PTFE tape for gas comes in a yellow rather than white reel. Don't tell anyone I said so.

Reply to
newshound

Said what?? lol

Cheers

Reply to
Cliff Topp

It used to be white, like the normal stuff. when was this changed ?.

Reply to
Andrew

the tape is white, it's the reel that's yellow.

Reply to
Andy Burns