Chipped drinking glasses

Does anyone know of a grinding service anywhere near the Harrow/ Hillingdon/Watford borders?

Reply to
pinnerite

DIY.

Dremel either with grinding stones or little cylinders of abrasive paper. Surprisingly easy and effective.

Something like this will be fine.

newshound

Mains ones from eBay even cheaper, £12.

Reply to
newshound

Erm, what sort of glass are they? I remember a friend of mine taking such things to a friend to sort, and the minute he tried the glass shattered. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Regular diamond AG discs mostly break glass too. I suspect it's down to grit size, but didn't experiment enough to be confident of that.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Diamond grit is going to be pretty fine, but a disk is likely to be the wrong geometry. Only very light pressure is needed.

Reply to
newshound

How much are new glasses?

Reply to