Broken catch on rear of Bosch Vacuum.

Not sure of the model yet as its in need of sighted help but its the back panel of the vacuum where some filters reside, and the plastick arms that are part of the moulding of air exit and catch have sheered,one at the top one at the bottom. I cannot see how to get the hinged piece off which has a seal around it, but without the catch of course it just falls open and the filters all fly out. Any bright ideas? What a Bosch like for spares, is it one of those the back panel costs half as much as a new cleaner moments? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2)

As with many companies, some spares are a reasonable price and others cost an arm and a leg.

Bosch don't have all spares for the smaller [roducts.

Reply to
Bob Eager

That was what I'd heard. If its going to be a nightmare, I have ascertained that two self tapping screws strategically placed and a bit of blanking plastic for the catch ole might not look elegant but should work. I suppose the issue with cyclonic cleaners like this one is the frequent need to disassemble and wash the filters or it just goes into overheat sulk mode when they clog. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa)