Subject Author Posted Replies

The Apprentices - Part II
They came and removed the offending brace (the one against the window). But, they didn't replace it. Fingers crossed that it wasn't needed and the scaffolding doesn't fall down.
2
2

Hardware shops in USA
I'm going to Florida in a week or so Because I'm very sad I like to take a look at local tool shops/hardware chain stores when I go abroad. What chains would the panel recommend I look out for in the...
19
19

OT: 'Organic' bicarbonate of soda
My neighbour has asked me to buy some organic bicarbonate of soda? Does such a concept exist? I thought bicarbonate of soda was produced by a chemical process. If I were a food manufacturer I would...
31
31

Butt hinge for aluminium garage door
The garage opening is side hinged with one part being about a normal size door width and the other being a lot wider. The lower hinge of the smaller door broke today. It's made of brass. The door does...
9
9

TV
I am a bit out of touch with internet and TV - (I have a wired Virgin Media setup). Thinking of buying a TV for my grandson, but worried about getting ito issues of aerial or dish installation. They...
8
8

iPad 2 any use to anybody?
I finally retired my old iPad 2 and was wondering if it was any use to anyone as it is still working and it just grates on me to toss something away when it is not broken. I am not looking for any...
7
7

Has anyone here made a wooden folding loft ladder?
My house has a very large and boarded attic and I want to make access easier by replacing a flimsy metal loft ladder that someone fitted in place of an original wooden ladder. The existing trapdoor is...
12
12

Source of small turkeys, for Christmas
As heading
17
17

windows 10 and google chrome annoying pop-ups
Starting a few weeks ago I am continually getting pop-ups (well literally pop allongs) in the bottom right of my screen. I have tried various selected solutions, non of which had the least effect. any...
12
12

Lesson for the day
Following the recent house move and the onset of colder weather, I began to take more interest in thermostat settings and actual room temperatures. Individual stats and underfloor piped heat ought to...
13
13

Weird electrical problem
I noticed a slight fizzling sound when I turned on the landing light. So, I undid the switch and had a look inside. First of all, I should say it was a double switch. One side was for two way...
19
19

OTish - sourcing lamb shanks ....
Tried an ASDA own brand sous-vide style lamb shank in mint gravy last night. Very nice, and at £5 for the pair, a damn good bargain. Hmmmmm A little basic maths makes it £2.50 shop price for each...
21
21

Rechargeable batteries - life expectancy
I found a few rechargeable batteries that had not been used for at least three years. I charged them all and found they do not seem to be holding their charge (unable to power a cordless mouse for...
19
19

Adam's apprentices
Adam's apprentices have apparently banded together and formed a scaffolding firm here in London. Next door are having some work done, and they wanted to brace their scaffolding against my house....
125
125

emma.carter.green@gmail.com
Good afternoon, We had your flyer through the letter box today. If you are really trying to reduce global warming then speak to Stafford BC about them halting the free green waste collection, as that...
1
1