windows 10 and google chrome annoying pop-ups

What do they say? (The precise wording if possible).

Reply to
Graham.

Starting a few weeks ago I am continually getting pop-ups (well literally pop allongs) in the bottom right of my screen. I have tried various selected solutions, non of which had the least effect. any ideas please?

Reply to
Broadback

Waterfox?

Although I had to revert to Chrome when the script and popup blocker meant that Verified by Visa wouldn't work.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

They vary, but they are all adverts, many for bitcoin.

Reply to
Broadback

Can I be the first to suggest Malwarebytes?

Reply to
GB

Try right clicking on one to see what if any options are available to stop showing or blocking them.

+1

Also given the nature of the advertising I'd be very wary of using the browser for online banking in its present compromised state.

It might also be bitcoin mining in the background as well.

Reply to
Martin Brown

Is it just the browser?

Good luck BB!

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

What are they saying exactly? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2)

Are you one oof those who just minimises things and never closes them down? If you close everything down apart from windows, do they persist? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2

Waterfox now comes in two flavours, classic and the new one, Has anyone tried the new one?

One thing I'm noticing is a screen refresh in any windows app, apparently randomly which stops my read all working from the screenreader when reading an article. I was wondering if this might be an invisible pop up, probably telling mte the error of using windows 7. I have turned off the two notify tasks but its still there and as nothing seems to change, only the refresh I may need to get malwarebytes as well. I have superantispyware, but it found nothing. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2)

Any help?

Chris Hogg

Go into your browser advanced settings and clear your browing history, cookies, etc - that's how I stopped it on mine.

Reply to
Farmer Giles

Thanks Farmer Giles, I have tried that will see how it goes.

Reply to
Broadback