Butt hinge for aluminium garage door

The garage opening is side hinged with one part being about a normal size door width and the other being a lot wider.
The lower hinge of the smaller door broke today. It's made of brass. The door does catch a bit as it's opened but not that much.
Anyway I may as well replace both top and bottom hinges but any tips? Should I go brass again? Or steel? Rust? Security?
I'll probably pop-rivet into the aluminium door and wood screws into the side frame unless suggestions are otherwise.
--
AnthonyL

Why do scientists need to BELIEVE in anything?
On Thursday, 5 December 2019 19:54:35 UTC, AnthonyL wrote:

Steel + ali results in much accelerated corrosion of the ali. Not a good combination
NT
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com writes

Brass,steel, ali is worse:-)
--
Tim Lamb

On Friday, 6 December 2019 20:33:52 UTC, Tim Lamb wrote:

we can only guess what that means.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com writes

I once used pop rivets (aluminium) to secure protective strips to a sports car wing. The real mistake was using brass washers under the rivet heads. Moist road salt environment, they lasted less than 12 months.
Someone will chip in with the electrical activity numbers for various metals:-)
--
Tim Lamb

On Friday, 6 December 2019 21:35:56 UTC, Tim Lamb wrote:

So what would you use for an ali door? Casting ali hinges & using ali rivets might be ideal but it's a bit of a faff.
NT
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com writes

Something like this?
https://www.ironmongerydirect.co.uk/product/twin-ball-bearing-hinge-102x7 6x3mm-304-satin-stainless-steel-pair-321864?vat=1&shopping=true&infinityict2~net~gaw~ar~387176555199~kw~~mt~~cmp~Smart+Shopping+%3E+Top+Products~ ag~Ad+group&gclidIaIQobChMIq8rHkdij5gIVFKSzCh3E2QeYEAQYCSABEgLtffD_BwE &gclsrc=aw.ds
Fixings might be the bigger problem. Will the door skin take a machine screw thread.

--
Tim Lamb

Our swing fly screen doors are almost always aluminium and plated hinges work fine, with pop rivets used both to attach the high to the door and the hinge to the metal frame if it has a metal frame.
On Fri, 6 Dec 2019 08:04:34 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

True. Try brass or good quality stainless hinges. I had A2 st. st. screws etc. through the ally racks on a trike that was used in winter. When the frame broke the trike, with salt still on it, was put in a damp shed for a dozen years or so. When I dismantled it all the fasteners - and the greased nipples on the spokes - were easy to undo. Fire door hinges are usually good and available for different weights.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away

But only if it gets damp.
On Friday, 6 December 2019 18:52:17 UTC, newshound wrote:

I'm pretty sure outdoor things do.

Problem is that it always does on that soggy little island.