Folding Door Hinge Uses

Hello All:

Rockler shows an item in its catalogue and online identified as a "folding door hinge" (part # 30041). The description states that it is adjustable for a gap of 1/8" to 0" which seems inconsistent with the illustration.

I need to mount a door panel on a sink base where the hinge side of one (left) door will extend 4" past the cabinet opening. (It's a symmetry thing dictated by the width of a pull-out occupying the right-hand side of the cabinet where the opening is wider than the opening on the left side. The doors will be the same size giving the appearance of equal-sized openings.)

My original thought was to mount the left panel on drawer slides and use it as a pull out, but a hinged door will be more convenient.

I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has used the folding door hinge and has a thought as to whether it may work in the application described. I'll take the chance on the $17 order of a pair of the hinges if it seems that there is a reasonable chance that they might work.

Thanks much.

Reply to
vernal888

looks like it will work assuming your face frames are meaty enough to take a cup drill hole without being compromised, and that you have a way to drill that hole in place....

Reply to
bridgerfafc

Hello Bridger:

Thanks for the prompt response. The face frame has the thickness, and I'll concentrate on a steady hand with a new forstner bit. (And a few practice tries on scrap.) The face frame is painted poplar, so I'm confident that the holes can be drilled successfully. If not, I'll plug them, and be back where I started. At least the door will cover any mishap.

Reply to
vernal888