What hinge to allow a door to fold fully back?

Hi, I'm looking to see if there is some special kind of hinge that will allow a regular (pine) internal door to open fully so that it is flush(-ish) against the wall that it is hinged to.

With regular hinges the door will only open until it comes up against the architrave/skirting.

Reply to
Kal Ico

Parliament hinges ??. I.e. hinges where the pivot pin extends out further than normal flush fitting hinges.

Andrew

I think ?wide throw hinges? are the things you?re after. They will stick out when the door is closed though. See

There may be other options though.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Yes. I've forgotten what they're called, but you'll find them anywhere that sells hinges, including Screwfix.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

shop hung?

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Thanks everyone for such speedy and spot-on answers. These are just the things I need, though I can't see them at Screwfix. Wishing all a good weekend.

Reply to
Kal Ico

Parliament Hinges. Screwfix only sell expensive fire rated types. Tool station have these in stock.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

sure. offset hinges where the hinge line is a few inches from the door centre line

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Still got the latch/door knob to worry about.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

the offset takes care of that too

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I bought some a while ago but can't find the details.

There are two types. Parliament hinges as already discussed, but also "Projection" hinges, which were the type I got.

It took me ages to source the right kind.

Reply to
Fredxx

I wonder how they got that name? Brian

Reply to