Subject Author Posted Replies

damp patches on the inner wall of my outhouse...
I would be very grateful for some advice on this. We bought a house from a developer two years ago, the house included what we thought was a useful outhouse that could become a mancave at some...
23
23

Smeg Induction Hob Glass
SWMBO junior accidentally dropped a bottle on our new Smeg induction hob and it's now cracked across a corner. All is still functional, but it needs replacing as it looks a mess. I actually thought it...
33
33

Reducing Fire, and Cutting Carbon Emissions, the Aboriginal Way
Reducing Fire, and Cutting Carbon Emissions, the Aboriginal Way As blazes rage in southern Australia, Indigenous fire-prevention techniques that have sharply cut destructive bushfires in the north are...

where can I find 9.5mm thick chipboard/particleboard from
Hi I have a requirement for 9.5 mm thick chipboard/particleboard that is available as 600 mm by 1200 mm sheets. Googling only seems to turn up chipboard that is 11 mm or thicker. Can anyone help? S.
5
5

insulated plasterboard for sale
As this is a group frequented by those who are interested in DIY, I hope people don't mind me posting my insulated plasterboard here: 19 sheets of 80 mm PIR on 12.5 mm plasterboard to standard size of...

SV Seeker
Don't know how many have been following Doug and his quest to build a 76' boat from scratch in his front garden, but this is a bit worrying:
5
5

Re: Converting a gas cooker to LPG - conflicting advice!
then look up Sabaf's web site. and get the right brass jets. the gas pressure will be controlled by the regulator mounted on the Propane or Butane cylinder 37mBar for propane or 28mBar for Butane its...
7
7

Loo screw
One of the screws fixing the loo to the floor appears to be loose and to rotate without tightening up. I ascribe this to it having gouged out a wider hole in the chipboard underneath the tiles. What...
7
7

Air lock in kitchen tap query
During some work on our central heating the heating engineer drained the water in the system, to fix a leaking motorised valve. Also during the work he turned off the mains outside water supply valve...
5
5

water by-law question
If you are fitting a freestanding shower, should you fit isolation valve to H&C feed valves?
9
9

DAB Radio in car
My DAB has been breaking up recently and the radio automatically drops to FM. This is a bit annoying though die to the slight time difference. Grubbing about on a Facebook Group someone asked if I had...
12
12

Country Lanes
That description would include almost all rural roads. Round here they have taken to adding kerbs to some bends which has the interesting effect of creating a flooded area for aquaplaning whenever it...
15
15

How to Cure chronic Pain
Medical Cannabis buy and sell' TEXT: (..+16197860443...... High Grade Medical Marijuana Sativa and Indica strains, Hash, (RSO), BHO, HEMP OILS, THC OILS, Cannabis Oil and Ed ibles FOR SALE. website...

Scanning 2D profile for 3D printer?
3D printerists. I would like to print a base 'box' for a CCTV dome camera but it's a weird half round / elliptical shape. Whilst I could probably measure it at various intervals and translate that...
8
8

Oh look. No solar , sod all wind
Indeed it does degrade, I can't recall by how much and preventing degradation and ultimately fire in the heap was always top prority. Most of the sites using coal pulverisation rather than chain grate...
47
47