SV Seeker

Don't know how many have been following Doug and his quest to build a

76' boat from scratch in his front garden, but this is a bit worrying:

John Rumm

I don't know the project but hope he's ok obviously.

Isn't Acetylene slightly heavier than air? ;-(

One of my Dads friends was building a boat (a tri or catamaran) in his back garden and apparently, when trying to jack it up to get the trailer underneath, the jacks racked forward and put the bow of one of the hulls though his French windows, nearly trapping himself underneath it all at the same time. ;-(

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Worthwhile watching if you like folks with a "can do" attitude!

No, its slightly lighter than air, IIRC - about 90%

Oops! Still sounds like he escaped ok...

Reply to
John Rumm

ok scratch that - turn out it was a prank!

(explosion faked with some ziplock bags of propane and oxygen)

Reply to
John Rumm

I did wonder ....

Reply to
Andy Burns

I think he has upset allot of people with that one, especially leaving it so long before the "reveal".

Reply to
John Rumm