Subject Author Posted Replies

TOT DHL tracking
DHL parcel tracking ..... what to believe, the same page says Your parcel is due to be delivered on Monday 15th June Your driver is on his way to stop number 26, You are stop 57.
13
13

Gate hinge spike hole size
As subject, I have to mount a 19mm (3/4") square spike for a bottom gate hinge in a softwood post. What size hole do I want? 19mm, 20mm, 21mm or 7/8"? I want to use the largest practical size as it is...
5
5

Shutting down thermostatic radiator valve completely
As I managed to lose a bleed screw I now have a rad I can't shut down completely as one end has a thermostatic valve and I understand turning it to zero doesn't work (and indeed there is a drip from...
5
5

The point of cleaning windows?
Why are skyscraper windows cleaned? Surely the rain does that job for free? I have never cleaned my house windows, it can't be dirtier higher up.
10
10

Overflow (warning) pipes
It amazes me how many buildings I see where brickwork is stained / spoiled by dribbling overflows where the pipe is horizontal and the water has dribbled back along the outside and down the brickwork...
4
4

One for TNP
How to get rid of a wind turbine <>
32
32

Fluorescent tube starter question.
6 foot 4000K Fluoro, 70 watts, approx. 7 years old, domestic kitchen use. Unit went dead, tried a new starter but rated at 65 watts. Works fine, but are there any long term issues with using an...
5
5

UPS?
We've been getting a few more small power dropouts than usual recently, but have just had half a dozen (one of a minute, the rest of ~ 1 second) while I was trying to watch something on Netflix. It...
55
55

OT Gridwatch.co..uk v gridwatch.templar.co.uk
I'm sure this was explained any moons go in here, but could someone just give me a quick note on the difference. I have just introduced Andrew Neil to gridwatch on twitter He considers himself an...
17
17

Garden chair repair
I'm fixing a communal garden bench and a chair of similar design. They both have metal sides, joined by wooden slats making up the seat and back. I'm struggling a bit to understand the mechanics...
11
11

Prep to start hardly used 2 stroke chainsaw
The saw is a 2 stroke Makita that I bought maybe 12-14 years ago. It still looks new and had very little use; maybe a couple of small jobs, soon after I bought it. It's difficult to admit being such a...
7
7

WIn 10 errors in events\Application
Hi I just tried to visit to see the details of the new Jazz and it crashed my PC. Mouse dead and CPUfan howling. I ended up just switching it off. Interestingly, when I powered it back on it booted up...
7
7

OT Drive-in Cinema
As this group has a large set of geographically spread contributors can anybody tell me the location of the Drive-in Cinema that I'm going to be allowed to go to next week? Thanks tim
3
3

Waste pipe from sink leaking
The pipe from kitchen sink is leaking where you can see on this photo 'd be hard to put a new piece in as the lower end of the pipe is cemented in very neatly where it passes through block paving and...
17
17

OT: (maybe) Photo Scanning with iPhone
I want to start scanning old photos using my iphone, which seems to give great resolution for photo "scans" - (iPhone 11 Pro) As I'll want to do this over a long period in batches for all my paper...
27
27