Subject Author Posted Replies

What polarity should I use to charge the cordless battery on my Black & Decker 9.6v drill
What polarity should I use to charge the cordless battery on my Black & Decker 9.6v drill. I lost the adapter that came with it. I have a multi volt adapter with a polarity switch. What polarity...
2
2

Wifi repeater WN3500NP and virtual MACs
Trying to improve my wifi coverage, I have just bought a used Netgear WN3500NP repeater. It just connects to my main router (OpenWRT) via wifi and provides an additional access point further away. All...
4
4

OT - What will be completely unacceptable in 100 years - or even 50
[snip] 50 years ago (or perhaps more) some people were expecting that we'd have given up food altogether by now, and just imbibe a small plate of pills everyday which would replace food. This...
195
195

OT Geothermal energy
Be one of the first 500 people to sign up with this link and get 20% off your subscription with Brilliant.org! https://brilliant.org/realengineering/ New streaming platform: https://watchnebula.com/...
8
8

TOT Unusual emergency vehicle
Just off the M27 near J7 yesterday morning. A black or very dark green Land Rover with sirens and blue lights. On top were two or three short ladders the same colour as the vehicle. The Land Rover...
14
14

Scottish government delay smoke alarm legislation until 2022
From BBC News : New legislation which requires all homes in Scotland to have interlinked smoke and carbon monoxide alarms will be delayed until 2022. The moves followed criticism from Age Scotland and...
38
38

OT Amazon order - said it'd come in two days now says it could be 17 Nov!
I ordered a Samsung tablet on Amazon yesterday, sold by Amazon, and it said it'd come in two days. On looking at the order today it's not been dispatched and says it could come between 21 Oct and 17...
19
19

OT: Chinglish instructions for a floodlight
I just bought an LED PIR floodlight which has the following instructions: **************** Schedule radar inductive device description. Radar induction voted light lamp induction device (3G following)...
151
151

G9 Lampholder
I need to replace a burned lampholder in a ceiling fitting. I cannot for the life of me work out how to remove it. I have looked at replacements for clues. Can anyone make a suggestion based on doing...
16
16

Homelux tile trim.
Anyone know what the 'chrome' finish ones are made of? Metal of some sort which is very tarnish resistant - but doesn't seem as hard as stainless steel.
2
2

Long lasting emergency lights?
I have several emergency lights over the stairs etc, which light up when the mains fails. But if they only last 4 hours, and the power trips when i'm asleep at midnight, and fire breaks out at 6 a.m....
29
29

Hotpoint w/mch belt comes off
Recently changed drum on a Hotpoint WMUD962 Been working fine for 2 weeks ... then belt came off. Belt is not adjustable .... and motor position also not adjustable (fixed by drum mounts) Hence...
11
11

3 Electricians 4 Opinions
Hi All, I know of 3 houses which have recently had additions to their Electrics...?.. In the case of our house our thoroughly useless and I suspect unqualified "sparky" insisted that the MCB for the...
9
9

Tim?s Beloved EU and Vegans!
There is justice in the world the EU are planning to ban the veg chompers from misleading people by calling meat free products like vegan burgers as burgers. The vegans are squealing like stuck pigs.
76
76

So that's why all this puff about the 'hydrogen economy'
The Welsh company aims to go to market with its two-seater city car, the Rasa, by 2023
92
92