OT Amazon order - said it'd come in two days now says it could be 17 Nov!

I ordered a Samsung tablet on Amazon yesterday, sold by Amazon, and it said it'd come in two days. On looking at the order today it's not been dispatched and says it could come between 21 Oct and 17 Nov.

I did an online chat with someone who went away for five minutes and came back and told me exactly the above!

The tablet is still on sale and gives the impression it'll arrive in two days.

I've never had a problem like this with Amazon before, it might arrive tomorrow I guess but so far it's not showing as having been sent.

Maybe they have a backlog from Prime Day?

Reply to
Murmansk

Is it sold by Amazon, or a 3rd party.

A few years ago I had similar. As soon as the promised shipping date passed I fired up an online chat and was refunded by the end.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

About right if the item is in their warehouse in France.

Reply to
alan_m

Hardly the point though when they?re quoting misleading delivery times.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Things I bought through Amazon France have arrived far faster than that. (Though Covid is affecting everything. So not surprised if it is now taking longer.)

Reply to
polygonum_on_google

Their tracking has some interesting quirks. A parcel arrived for me today, but something made their tracking system believe it has been via mythical Peterbrough.

This is copied and pasted from their page:

"Tuesday, 20 October

4:34 PM Delivered Loughborough, GB 10:27 AM Out for delivery Peterbrough, GB 12:55 AM Package arrived at the final delivery station Peterbrough, GB

Monday, 19 October

9:13 PM Package departed an Amazon facility Bardon, Leicestershire GB 6:54 PM Package arrived at an Amazon facility Bardon Hill, LOADING... GB

Package has shipped"

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Yes I was thinking that as well. The opposite happened to me some time back on something they were waiting for from China, expecting to wait a couple of weeks, it arrived in three days. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

A couple of weeks ago I had an Amazon delivery in Leicester that was allegedly delivered from Peterborough but as the packet was small enough to go through the letter box I didn't get chance to ask the driver if that was so. The delivery before that had apparently come from Leicester, whereas previously they had come from Nottingham.

Reply to
Peter Johnson

I find a lot of things are stocked in Coalville, then get sent to Nottingham for delivery back to Leicester.

Reply to
Andy Burns

OP here

In the end it arrived two days after having been ordered - exactly as was suggested prior to ordering! Why on earth it said it'd be as long as a month for delivery we'll never know!

Reply to
Murmansk

Had two deliveries from Peterborough today. The first, this morning, wasn't due until tomorrow, had dynamic tracking, which I happened to look at as the driver turned off the A47. The second, which I was expecting today, didn't leave until around

11.00 and came this afternoon. It didn't have dynamic tracking and showed what I guess is a new money saving/making trend by Amazon. It had the address label stuck straight on to the manufacturer's shrink wrapping. No additional packaging at all.
Reply to
Peter Johnson

On Tue, 20 Oct 2020 16:35:07 -0000 (UTC), Jethro_uk <jethro snipped-for-privacy@hotmailbin.com wrote: [snip]

I had a rather different experience. I was given a delivery date then the following day I got an email to say my order had been cancelled because the supplier had failed to deliver on the expected date, and I would receive a full refund. I was not given the opportunity to leave the item on 'back order' or reschedule the date.

Reply to
Scott

That's not helpful for clandestine Xmas shopping!

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

I hadn't thought of that but I suppose that's when you tick the 'This item is a gift' (or whateever it says) box.

Reply to
Peter Johnson

Drop shipped direct from the wholesaler or manufacturer. They're licensed by Amazon to print the labels, post the stuff out as and when requested, and are paid by Amazon within the agreed period.

michael adams

michael adams

Not this one. Came from Amazon St Helens via Peterborough, to Leicester.

Reply to
Peter Johnson

I wonder if there is some glitch in their system which causes it to falsely report Peterborough.

In my case actually spelled Peterbrough on the tracking info. Has anybody else seen the same?

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Hadn't noticed, but mine says Peterbrough, too. Coming into Leicester on the A47 is a good indicator that the van has come from Peterborough to me. But I can't imagine why Peterborough should be better than Nottngham, or Bardon, for deliveries to Leicester. And yesterday I found that when they say delivery from Leicester they actually mean the Bardon warehouse - dynamic tracking showed me the vehicle turning off the A50 to go into Anstey

Reply to
Peter Johnson

Does Archie Andrews work there?

Reply to