Subject Author Posted Replies

Travis Perkin.
Do a click and collect for some wood. Paid online too. Bring a paper copy of the email, it says. Man in the timber yard directs me to the office. Office write out a docket for the man in the timber...
23
23

Re: Vegans (was Re: OT: Covid Jab)
On Fri, 18 Dec 2020 10:51:25 +0000, Vir Campestris snipped-for-privacy@Yup, most people don't 'want to' and wouldn't / couldn't if expected to. Becoming a Buddhist or the not killing animals (OOI)?...
12
12

Damn Scottish starlings.
If they were migrating geese then there could be some free roasted xmas dinners :-). Perhaps those 11Kv lines are a bit too 'saggy' though ?. How would they stay apart during high winds, which are...
27
27

Keep taking the tablets
Quick little electronics hack project for those interested: draft - so typos may abound!) Wacom tablet upgrade - serial to USB - DIYWiki
17
17

No compact 10.8v drills - has everyone gone power mad?
I have been vaguely looking for a second combi-drill/impact-driver set to complement my existing Titan 10.8v pair which I love. However no one (well neither Screwfix nor Toolstation) now seem to have...
39
39

Air brick inside clothes wardrobe needs filling in - what do I use?
Hi all, could use some input on this because I'm a bit of a novice and need to make sure I'm using the right tools for the job! Our house was built in the 1940s and we've lived there for almost 30...
31
31

OT postpersons
Like here do other parts of the UK have post persons in shorts all year round ?....is it a kind of competition as to who blinks first?
9
9

OT bloody xmas,,,,
what is the big fuss over the English Xmas holiday we celibate hugmananny in the near of scotchland stuff xnas
14
14

OT: Email warning
If you get an email with the subject "William Shatner Sings Christmas Carols", for goodness sake don't click on the link. It leads to a video of William Shatner singing Christmas carols.
7
7

TOT 'Smart' meters
We live in a building divided in three, two of the properties being holiday lets. I finally gave in to the nagging and agreed to have smart meters installed for our property. They didn't turn up on...
29
29

Gas boiler not lighting - Gas valve?
Our gas boiler has decided of course that this is the week to breakdown It's an Ideal Mexico Super CF4120, this is a floor standing open flued boiler, it's a pretty basic boiler with nothing in the...
22
22

You are a (different) 4th year apprentice
and have applied and got a job with a different firm. In your excitement you write a text to your girlfriend telling her and add a bit extra slagging off your current boss. Due to alcohol or drugs you...
19
19

Metal/fireproof support spacing for 18th edition
Looking at what documentation I can find it *seems* as if *all* cable supports for exposed wiring have to conform to the same spacing requirements as pre-18th cable supports did. Applying this to...

OT: The Outernet
Anyone heard about the Outernet (geddit?) I'm not joking or messing. There was a guy on the news saying it's the High Street response to internet shopping. I'm not sure i see how that would be any...
5
5

D-I-Ying postal deliveries?
Currently, with First Class mail taking several days, there is no incentive to pay the extra premium over Second Class, so the impending increase in cost for First Class Stamps means that the Post...
18
18