You are a (different) 4th year apprentice

and have applied and got a job with a different firm.

In your excitement you write a text to your girlfriend telling her and add a bit extra slagging off your current boss.

Due to alcohol or drugs you incorrectly send the text to the wrong person.

So did you send it to

a) your MD

b) your contracts manager

c) the MD's daughter (who is the secretary)

WTMW (again)

Reply to
ARW

Don't suppose he managed all of the above?

(or possibly just c, but with added descriptions of what he wants to do with her later :-)

Reply to
John Rumm

not sure his gf would want to know...

Reply to
ARW

Is the fact you put "your contracts manager" in this list a clue or diversion?

Reply to
Fredxx

C, who then passed it on to the other two?

None of those is a good option. Just wondering how accurate the slagging off was.

Reply to
Richard

In article <jnsCH.294029$ snipped-for-privacy@fx06.ams, ARW snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk> writes

Your new employer?

Reply to
bert

Glass half-full: he's leaving.

Reply to
Adam Funk

Would his current boss be you by any chance?

Owain

Reply to
Owain Lastname

The whole world via public-access social media ?

Reply to
Andrew

I have known one post to Facebook that they were skiving from work "visiting a relative in hospital" whilst at a theme park with photos. Not smart as some of their Facebook friends still at work were less than impressed... (there was a genuine relative seriously ill in hospital)

Reply to
Martin Brown

:-)

it's not uncommon for late night/early morning photos of them in nightclubs on FB before phoning in sick the next day because of food poisoning.

Reply to
ARW

And the answer is... [drum roll]...

Alcohol is a poison, so they are not being untruthful.

Reply to
GB

<it's-panto-season>

Oh yes they are!

"Food poisoning" has a well-established meaning which doesn't cover hangovers:

"food poisoning n. illness caused by the presence in food of harmful bacteria or of toxic substances (as bacterial, fungal, or plant toxins, chemical contaminants, etc.)"

Reply to
Robin

Okay. I concede.

You tripped me up on something else earlier today. So, that's 2 points to you. There's always tomorrow ...

Reply to
GB

it weren't me wot dunnit, I've an alibi

no points please, we're nihilists

<it's-panto-season>

Oh no there... :)

Reply to
Robin

Most blokes can recognise gender but not people so the daughter I'd imagine. All part of life's rich tapestry. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Either I've missed the answer or it's a secret?

Reply to
Fredxx

c)

Reply to