25mm MDPE blue water pipe - slightly over size

Just a quick sanity check.

My digital calliper shows my blue MDPE mains water pipe as about 25.3mm external diameter.

Is this within tolerance, do I have a dodgy calliper, or what?

Just doing a sanity check before ordering some fittings.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

If it's definitely blue MDPE and not black imperial PE (see

) it *shouldn't* be more than 25mm.

Do you have any means of calibrating your digital caliper?

Reply to
Roger Mills

A 2p coin is 25.9mm diameter

Reply to
Andy Burns

Some pipe can be a bit on the oval side for some reason. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff