pipe for future elecs and net in trench?

I've dug a drainage trench for a rainwater pipe.

Before I fill it could I insert a pipe or two to take mains electricity and ethernet in the future?

What sort of pipes should I use, perhaps with string inside, how cheap can I go?

George

Reply to
George Miles

George Miles snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

I wish the powers that be would share your thinking at major road junctions.

Reply to
JohnP

Plastic pipe is fine; the bigger the better, really. I rushed my installation and only used (quick check) 22mm I think. Plenty of room for cable but perhaps a larger bore would have made navigating the bends easier. Noting that I still haven't pulled the Ethernet cable through and the original green plastic cord must be getting on a bit by now.

So I would suggest 40mm white (or grey) plastic waste pipe to give you more capacity and easier pulling.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

+1 for the 40mm plastic pipe round here all the cable TV feeds to the houses are in about 40mm ducts. If you need to put a bend in then most waste pipe fittings are too sharp so you may have to bend some straight pipe with a bit of judicious use of boiling water to soften it and try to bend it with a generous sweep avoid putting any kinks in it. Some nylon rope/string should help to pull cable through at a later date with the advantage it will not rot should water get in but make sure you put double the length of the pipe in then you can always pull it back if you need to pull a further cable through.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

For those I'd use solvent welded drain pipe/string is good

But maybe its worth laying some armoured mains right now as well?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The rule I learnt when wiring up office space is that no matter where you ran the wires and left spare pairs, someone would always decide to put the network printer and 6 workstations somewhere else...

..ive just ripped down half a wall and soldered a cat5 extension to an unused phone socket to turn it into CAT 5 ethernet for the kitchen where an internet cap[able TV and a WAP now sit, not envisioned in the original design...

Room now repaired and filled and sanded ready for radical new decoration scheme. Natural oak, duck green and a pale cream...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Tricky Dicky snipped-for-privacy@sky.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Using 135deg bends solves the problem, I used 50mm uPVC to give a bit more room,

You should still use cable suitable for direct burial as the pipe is bound to suffer water ingress even if solvent weldpipe is used.

Reply to
Peter Burke

More room for the spiders as well. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa